Facebook Profile Pic

It's a Global thing!

Words United: It's Global Union through creativity. We seek to enlighten each of our experiences around the whole world.
Words United, inspired by Louisiana Words (louisianawords.blogspot.com), seeks to push creative unity on the global scale. It is encouraged this way to help educate experiences insides and outside our mainland. Of course, this blog is in no way meant to make others feel they cannot participate. Even if you are not American please submit your words and expand this site into whatever direction necessary to enlighten the world. We don't have to be competitors; we could be family. If you are interested in submitting or asking questions: 1. You may email louisianawords@gmail.com 2. You may submit work via message to the Words United Facebook Page.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Actual Self (Louis Toliver Jr - USA/Austin, Texas)

No one is looking at me right now
I can tuck away my projected self
Here in this poem lies remnants of me
Alone in this grey abyss called life
I am addicted to the anxiety of failure
Could a mutt like me possibly ever be pure?
Tough questions on my soulless brain
Or am I just tied of playing Hamlet
My father died long time ago on a bayou
Is it wrong that this makes me happy?
Tough questions on my soulless brain
Or am I just tired of playing dumb
I want to be a millionaire like Trump
I hate the fact that I’m a Hispanic
I hate I don’t know what that even means
Maybe I’m smarter than I think I am
My actual sellf, these remnants of me

No comments:

Post a Comment