Facebook Profile Pic

It's a Global thing!

Words United: It's Global Union through creativity. We seek to enlighten each of our experiences around the whole world.
Words United, inspired by Louisiana Words (louisianawords.blogspot.com), seeks to push creative unity on the global scale. It is encouraged this way to help educate experiences insides and outside our mainland. Of course, this blog is in no way meant to make others feel they cannot participate. Even if you are not American please submit your words and expand this site into whatever direction necessary to enlighten the world. We don't have to be competitors; we could be family. If you are interested in submitting or asking questions: 1. You may email louisianawords@gmail.com 2. You may submit work via message to the Words United Facebook Page.

Friday, February 12, 2016

I Pledge Allegiance (Louis Toliver Jr - USA/Austin, Texas)

I pledge allegiance to a new rhythm
A reinvention of the American swagger

I pledge allegiance to more than just a flag
I pledge allegiance to the right to healthcare

I pledge allegiance to the right to education
And I pledge allegiance to human equality

Why, it’s a triumvirate, a spiritual foundation
Why don’t you think of this future with me?

Let the mighty dance floor teach us
Intelligence can be a hit radio station

But the rhythm of my pen is fiercer
And this two beat doesn’t have to rhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment